Loaded Nachos with Roasted Jalapeños and Mushrooms
Our foodie friend Erin Ireland shared this loaded nachos recipe, perfect for summertime snacking. It’s easy to create and easier to share – so next time you’ve got some friends coming for a fiesta, whip up this treat in no time!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, or two small (chopped into small florets, divided)
- 1 pound mushrooms (any kind will do) (sliced)
- 4-5 jalapenos (sliced) or ¾ c. pickled jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- ½ c. onion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 c. almond milk
- 1-2 tbsp arrowroot powder (or cornstach) + 1-2 tbsp water
- 1 cup white cheese of your choice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ c. sliced black olives
- 1 bag Que Pasa’s organic black bean tortilla chips
- 1 bag Que Pasa’s organic corn tortilla chips
- 1 jar Que Pasa’s organic chipotle salsa
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss half your cauliflower florets with olive oil and salt and spread out on parchment lined baking sheet. On a separate baking sheet toss your mushrooms and jalapenos with more olive oil and salt. Roast for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
2. In a medium pot, add onion, the remaining cauliflower and almond milk – bring to a simmer. Cook until cauliflower is tender.
3. Transfer this mixture to a high-powered blender and puree until smooth. Return to pot and stir in your cheese.
4. In a separate small bowl, stir together arrowroot powder and water to create a thickening paste. Stir this into your pot, as well.
5. To assemble, spread Que Pasa tortilla chips onto a platter or cutting board (heat in the oven, if you wish) and top with your creamy ‘queso’ sauce, roasted veggies, olives and scallions. Serve with Que Pasa Chipotle Salsa.